Friday, April 3, 2015

Trust and Faith in God


by: Ruby Ann J. Puzon

One fine day, my personal friends introduced me into a trust game where they had to cover my eyes with a piece of clothing making sure that I can see nothing. It is like a dictator game where one will give instruction and then I follow. I took the challenge. The only thing for me to do is to listen to what the voice will say. Who guided me? I don’t know. What I know is that I gave my full trusts that I will not be harm and that they will take care of me during the course of the game. I was scared and fearful of what will happen but I know I am blessed to have good friends so I am safe. After the game, I later found out… Ha! The surprise of my life.
 
This story reminds me of how I trust my Lord. Humbly I say that I belong to the lucky few who have outdone all the challenges in life and at the end, received a beautiful reward. My trust and faith in the Lord had been tested for number of times. Just like this game, I was blindfolded with the situation I thought I cannot outshine. God is testing my trust and He promised to be with me always. It came to the point where all my trials are more hurtful, cruel and very upsetting. I know if I put my trust and faith to my Lord, I am very optimistic that when the blindfold will be removed, I will get the greatest surprise of my life.

Proverbs 3:5-6 said:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]



Through Christ our Lord. Amen.



2 comments: